| This page is considered to be official ATHF Wiki policy.
It is expected that all contributors read and follow the guidelines expressed on this page.
The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Wiki allows any contributor to edit our pages. It is, however, important to set guidelines that keeps our Wiki neat and orderly. As such, it is important that every new contributor read this page before pressing that edit button.
All contributors must remember that every contributor is an equal. While ranks may come with a certain degree of seniority, this rank alone does not set them apart from other contributors; solid reasoning and empathy for others also plays a major role. As such, no contributor should be dismissed merely because they lack the seniority of other contributors. This attitude is considered to be ignorant and will not be tolerated here.
"Ranks" refer to user access levels. Different ranks have access to different tools on the Wiki. In addition, they signify that the user is a long time and helpful contributor. We currently employ the following ranks:
- Rollback - Can rollback an edit with one click, their main responsibility is to fight vandalism. This rank is given to helpful and long serving members of the community.
- Administrator & Bureaucrat - The former has access to additional backend features, while the latter can change user access levels. Like rollbacks, new admins are chosen as needed from helpful and long time contributors.
Users can apply or be nominated for one of these roles by posting about it on my talk page. The following requirements need to be met beforehand:
- 1000 edits.
- Must not have been blocked from the Wiki.
- Must have been active for six months.
Note: New positions are at the discretion of administration. You will not be promoted just because you meet the requirements and have posted about it. New ranks will be promoted as needed.
Creating New Articles
Any contributor can create a new page, but this does not mean that they should. Please refer to the following guidelines for the creation of new articles:
- Search the Wiki before creating the page. The page may already exist.
- We do not allow the creation of pages for minor characters. Before creating a page for the character, check the List of Incredibly Minor Characters. If the character is on this list, please create a discussion on the talk page and offer your view on why you think the character should be given their own page.
- Minor locations should be added to the Minor Locations list. Please create a discussion on Talk:Minor Locations before creating a new page for a location, otherwise it will be deleted and will be blocked.
Editing Existing Articles
Below are rules for how we generally go about editing on this Wiki:
- The term "anyone may edit" doesn't mean you may write it your own, we do not allow altering, adding, or remove content from articles to make it look better for you. We want new information. You may correct spellings and grammar. If you feel that an article needs more improvement, feel free to discuss it on the article's talk page.
- American English should always be used. Proper spelling and grammar should always be used.
- Speculation should not be used, always back up information with firm evidence when adding in new information.
- Text should be written in third person.
- There is no canon in Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Unless officially stated, a character dying does not mean that they are actually dead; an event occurring does not mean that this legitimately happened. Events should be confined to their respective episode and character pages. When piecing together a characters personality, events from various episodes should be used to support their character traits.
- Please refer to the Master Shake page for how character pages are generally set up. Avoid lumping all information about the character under a general "basic information" heading; split up this information under easy to use headings like "appearance," "personality," "powers," and "trivia."
- Bias has no place on a Wiki. All articles should be written using a neutral tone.
- If you're adding in information that is not easily verifiable, add a reference that elaborates on where this information is from. For example, refer to season commentary if the information is from there. Not verifying your information may cause your edit to be reverted; it is not the responsibility of other contributors to verify information when you could take a minute to do it yourself.
Copyright, Images, and Videos
Aqua Teen Hunger Force is a copyrighted work. As a Wiki, we gather information on the show and act as a compendium. As a picture conveys more information than words, images are allowed if they are related to the subject. However, please do not add an excessive amount of images to a page, the images should be limited to those that deliver important information to the reader. Template:Copyright is to be used on every Aqua Teen Hunger Force image uploaded to the Wiki, this signifies that we believe that the use of the image falls under fair use.
Videos should be limited to the ones uploaded directly from an official source (IE: Adult Swim). Do not upload full episodes or embed them any of the pages.
For clarification on what templates are, please check this page. A list of commonly used templates:
- Template:Character_Infobox - The infobox used on character pages.
- Template:Infobox_Episode - The infobox used on episode pages.
- Template:Copyright - The infobox that needs to be added to image pages.
- Template:Cleanup - Used to signify that a page has issues, adds the page into a category so contributors can easily see which pages needs an overhaul.
- Template:Stub - Used to signify that a page has is too short.
To prevent excess categories, please discuss creating new categories with the community, failure to do so may cause your category to be removed at the discretion of the administrator or the community. We currently use the following categories on this Wiki:
- Main characters - The category for main characters, those who appear extremely frequently and are often the ones that the plot revolves around.
- Characters - General category for characters.
- People - Real world people who have either made a cameo in the show or are part of the cast.
- Main cast - Real world cast members who are majorly involved with Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
- Recurring characters - Characters that have multiple appearances to their name. At least two plot heavy appearances should have been made before a character can be included in this category.
- Villains - This category is for villains.
- Human - Characters that are human.
- Males - Characters who are male.
- Females - Characters who are female.
- Episodes - General category for episodes. All episodes should be associated with this category.
- Season x Episodes - For example, Season 1 episodes. Each season has one of these categories. Their purpose is to compile episodes of a particular season together.
- Spin-Offs - Other shows that came about because it branched out from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
- Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday: Members of the organization Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday as stated in the episode "The Last One."
- Monsters: Non-Human characters who have any alignment and may or may not have been the enemies of the Aqua Teens and/or Carl. This excludes aliens and demons.
- Aliens: This category describes a race of creatures that are from the same dimension as the Aqua Teens but are not from the planet Earth.
- Voice Actors: The real life voice actors who lend their voices to the characters seen on the show Aqua Teen Hunger Force.