If anyone comes across pages for minor characters listed here, please mark them for deletion.
Now that I have listed the minor characters from the first fifty episodes of the show, I feel that now would be a good time to create the talk page.
As you can likely tell, this page is a work in progress. If you feel I have missed a character, either add it to the list, or, if you are unsure about its importance in the show (or lack thereof), please discuss it here.
There are some minor characters, however, that should not be listed here. For example, Mr. Sparkles and Chicken Bittle, despite not having very much screen time are too important to be listed here. Mr. Sparkles and other pets are connected to the Aqua Teens in ways other characters in this list aren't. They are pets of the Aqua Teens and even have their own category. Chicken Bittle, despite the lack of canon in the film, is the fourth Aqua Teen (unless you count Napkin Lad as the fourth Aqua Teen). This makes him a very important character.
The third paragraph that I have written brings up an important issue that I wanted to discuss, as mentioned in the comments of the "To Do List ." How minor must a character be in order to be listed here? For example, the kids in the commercials are very flat and uninteresting characters, but they have appeared more than once in the series. Does more than one appearance imply that they are important? Furthermore, some cast members have played themselves. How should we handle this? Should they be listed here or should there just be a "Heading 2" section on their respective article? This is a question I've had since this page's very conception. Edd Shwartz (talk) 21:46, November 23, 2013 (UTC)Edd Shwartz
- The way I see it: Characters listed here should not have any categories associated with them. They should be so minor that they can't be fit into any of our existing categories and have next to no recurring connection to any of the main characters (IE: the tar pits man, the unnamed frat alien, Josh from Boost Mobile). I would consider off screen characters and background characters (such as characters that often appear in background scenes yet have little to no dialogue or importance to the story) deserving of being placed on this list too.
- If the kids aren't directly involved in the plot, I wouldn't consider them particularly important.
- If the cast member is playing themselves, I would suggest that a heading2 be added to that actors page instead of being added to the minor characters list. Same with other people that are playing themselves. Siberian99 (talk) 01:02, November 24, 2013 (UTC)
- That sounds like a good general rule. Of course, there are SOME generic categories like "Characters" and "Human" that these characters would fall under, but that's, well, you know. I guess I'll edit out Vishal, Jay Edwards, [etc.] in a few minutes when I respond to these other talk pagel, but should homeless man be listed here? Edd Shwartz (talk) 05:19, November 24, 2013 (UTC)Edd Shwartz
- Do you think he should be? I wouldn't say he's notable, but he does make a lot of appearances and loosely interacts with the main cast.
I believe I have found an exeption to the rule about Guest stars playing themselves. Her name is Tera Patrick. She is Carl's favorite porn star. If we were to make a page about her, I think we would wind up getting a scoulding from the Wikia staff. I suggest we list her on this page. Your call, though, Siberian. Edd Shwartz (talk) 01:55, November 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, she already has a page. I doubt we'd get a scolding from Wikia staff, we are an encyclopedia listing information about Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Tera Patrick has appeared as a character in the show. So long as we do not add real life pictures of her 'in her element', I don't see why Wikia staff would have a problem with it.
- Anyways, what do you think? Personally, I would prefer if this list didn't get definitive to the point where it starts eating characters associated with minor categories.
- To be quite frank, I'm not looking up information on her to update her page on the wiki. Looking up a porn star's history would be too psychologically weird. I'm all for ATHF's filthy-mouthed writers, but it is not in my comfort circle to do scroll through dozens of pages of that kind of reading material for the sake of a website about talking foods products. You do have a point about not constantly bringing down our article-count, but you're on your own with this one. I'm sorry. I hope you will respect my wishes. Edd Shwartz (talk) 18:15, November 26, 2013 (UTC)
Should the film be listed after Season 4 or should it be listed towards the bottom (before "Recurring Characters" and "See Also" of course)? If it's the ladder, I think we should wait until [adult swim] actually confirms something about the film's premise before we change that "ATHF:MFFT" Heading2 Section to a Heading3.
I think it would be nice to have a small gallery for the characters who actually appear on screen. I don't think we should have images for characters like the Tar Pit Boat Captain or anything, but images of characters like "Inside Out Boy" and the guy in the Warrior Gum commercial might need to be placed here. Unfortunately, I don't have a program that rips copyrighted DVD's (because they're usually illegal), so I don't have any way to upload photos of such characters. If someone could find a way to upload them to this wiki, I would appreciate it.
Alien because they messed it up on the sign.
I'm not sure whethor or not to divide the "Allen" storyline into two sections or not. While I do agree that "Allen Part One" and "Allen Part Two" should have their own respective pages, I feel that since they are components of a two-part episode which is one continuous story, they should be treated as one entity as far as this list is concerned. What do you think? Edd Shwartz (talk) 02:33, December 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Either works. As they are two separate episodes, I think that it would be more accurate if the list treated the two episodes as separate entities though (I have not watched that episode recently, but some characters may appear in one part while not appearing in another). It is up to you.Siberian99 (talk) 17:16, December 15, 2013 (UTC)
I'm not 100% sure "Pod" should be listed here (although his creator definitely should). I feel that since he is a "villain" (and an honest-to-goodness villain to boot), he should have his own page, since he fits under the "Villains" category. I know there's not much to say about him, but that's how a lot of our "Villain" pages are.
- Thanks for restoring it. Sorry for forgetting my signature.
- Whoops. Forgot it again. Sorry. Edd Shwartz (talk) 01:32, December 17, 2013 (UTC)
Summary of Guidelines of this page
Heyo, I thought this would be a pretty useful thing to list on this page; by making a summary of all the characstics and rules nessary for a character to be listed on the "List of Incredibly Minor Characters," we can have a quick refrences guide incase there are any second thoughts or possible disbutes that could easily be avoided otherwise. I would post them myself but this page was not of my own creation and I'd like to hear from the dedicated caretakers of the site. ((Oh and sorry, I keep forgetting to add my tag, still getting used to that.)) Chibifoxkit (talk) 18:14, September 16, 2014 (UTC)Chibifoxkit
- I cannot speak for Siberian99, but I'm not sure if we need to guidelines for characters. It's always seemed like a judgement call type of thing. I am not completely against the concept of having a list of guidelines. I would be happy to hear any suggestions you have for the page. Keep in mind that it should cover most of the entries that are already on the list. Edd Shwartz (talk) 21:44, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
- (First off, please take a look at my post under the Villans talk page if you already haven't as it will cover most of my opinion and suggestions under that post.) While I do have some suggestions, there is the posibility that some characters may no longer fall under the catagory and will be needing their own page or a diffrent type of solution (if applicable) Chibifoxkit (talk) 22:27, September 16, 2014 (UTC)Chibifoxkit
As requested, list of those on the List with pages
Sorry Edd, I just kinda posted the one's that I thought were on the list, it's actually rather hard to understand whos a minor character sometimes due to the way the list is structured. Anywho, the only one I think should have his own page is Gerald due to his massive amount of screen time, and even if he doesn't say much we still have enough to base his personality, relationship with his mother (and Carl), his abuse, etc. Chibifoxkit (talk) 23:49, April 28, 2015 (UTC)