Cold open: Dr. Weird plays with two spider-things...which were Steve's eyeballs! Dr. Weird yells at Steve for his pain-filled screams as he is "scaring them."
It's Halloween at the Aqua Teens' house and Master Shake is the only one who isn't into the Halloween spirit. Meatwad is dressed as "The Incredible Plum" while Frylock is a ghost sailor. Shake does not want anything to do with the holiday.
Meanwhile, a monster that is a cross between an onion and a spider comes into the house carrying an electric razor he attempts to use to scare people. However, no one is frightened. The monster reveals himself as "Willie Nelson", and he lives in the Aqua Teens' attic and is missing mail that Frylock has carelessly tossed in the garbage.
Shake decides to take Willie under his wing and make him scarier. His first attempt, to scare Carl, fails miserably and Shake has to cover for him by throwing Meatwad at Carl. Later, Willie goes over to Carl's house with a plan and two chainsaws, as Shake tells him to say "Nice head, I think I'll take it." The plan fails, as Willie's chainsaws are not long enough to reach Carl's house, and Carl pays Shake back by throwing Meatwad at him.
A furious Shake decides to raise the stakes. He hooks up Carl's doorknob to the transformer on the side of the house and has Willie drive a cement mixer full of blood to the front door. Again, the trick backfires as Carl uses Meatwad's "Plum" mask to scare Shake. Shake jumps back into the power transformer, severely electrocuting him. It only gets worse as Willie then dumps the blood anyway, all over Shake.
The two go back to the house and Willie heads back up to the attic to get some "juice" and recharge. Frylock finds some of Willie's mail and brings it up only to discover a horrible truth- Willie is a serial killer who kills people for their blood and keeps the body parts of his victims in the attic for later consumption. Shake soon enters and is horrified at the sight of mutilated corpses just laying around and hanging from the ceiling, realizing Willie is a true monster. Carl and Meatwad then arrive attempting to scare them again, before they quickly realizing what's going on. A thirsty Willie yells "JUICE!" as he rips both of Carl's arms off and drinks the blood out of them while Carl falls back screaming in pain. Willie turns to the Aqua Teens and asks them if they want any juice. Their reply comes in the form of them running away and boarding up the attic door.
- Meatwad's mouth doesn't move when he says "Hey Carl."
- When Carl throws Meatwad onto Shake, he has no purple stains on his face, but later on, in Carl's house, he does.
- This is Ned Hastings's favorite episode.
- The window that Willie Nelson throws the TV out of has never appeared at any time before during or after this episode.
Allusions and References
- Shake: "Nice head. I think I'll take it."
This is a reference to a tagline of the movie Mars Attack.
- Shake: "What are you supposed to be, Onion of Arabia?"
A quick and witty reference to the classic film, Lawrence of Arabia.
- Shake: "...Texas Chainsaw Mascara, which is where you're from..."
A quick and funny reference to the horror film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- Shake: "Just hold still. You are about to become both Hall and Oates."
A reference to the singing duo, Hall & Oates.
- The episode's title is a parody of the Stephen King book made into a movie, The Shining
- Meatwad's "Incredible Plum" costume is a spoof of The Incredible Hulk.
- Meatwad is seen wearing a Richard Nixon mask, who was the 37th president of the United States, from 1969 to 1974.